Monday, January 17, 2005

non-first love!

No-one listens to Del Amitri. Although I love Del Amitri! Their lyrics are just amazing…There's this song…I mainly like it because of its refrain, which touches me profoundly…I love singing just that one sentence on and on again:

"When you're driving with your brakes on,
When you're swimming with your boots on,
It's hard to say you love someone…
And it's hard to say you don't".

The metaphor is just so right!! What I like about the sentence is that it kinda summarizes all what can be of a problem when it comes to love (after having had that one big emotional experience some long time ago): that force that's pulling you from behind…the past… and that other obstacle that's in your head…the fear, the caution and that bit of 'rationality' that you have been trying to 'learn' over the years.
I seem depressive these days. But I'm not. A bit of melancholy mixed with a bit of confusion…no: uncertainty…, while maintaining a more or less positive mood: that's the perfect recipe for philosophical reflection and artistic creation. I'm inspired…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home