Monday, January 24, 2005

Longings...

Vincent van Gogh would paint his trees so big that they would go beyond the stars. Someone once told him: "The farthest star is millions and millions of light-years away and your trees go reaching beyond the stars! What nonsense is this?" And van Gogh would laugh and answer: "I know, but I know something more, too of which you are not aware: The trees are the longings of the earth to transcend the stars. I am painting the longings, not the trees. I am more concerned with the source, not with the goal."
Today again, I went to the four lions… I made the review and regained the overview. And again I came to the conclusion that: longings are within you, whereas ambitions are somewhere out there; that it is longings, rather than ambitions, through which life is fulfilled. I should listen more to the small voice within…'small' in the sense of both weakened and young…For it is only the unlived past which becomes your psychological burden.
Hey Foad, these thoughts I am writing down as a consequence of our 'cheesy' conversation today!…especially related to (artistic) creativity and 'success'. I do hope, we find a new balance…before we go back to the lions (i.e. me!) again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home