Thursday, February 03, 2005

electric shock of warmth

It shocks me again and again to see how a little moment of minimal physical contact can give u that enormous flow of warmth. That's what made my day today: A friend touching my arm in that meaningful way. I'm not exaggerating when I say that there was something magical about it. I felt so much less lonely and bitter all of a sudden. And the feeling lasts. It's not like talking; not necessarily better, but different.
I miss Italy…They hugged so often, they weren't only warm, but communicated it so openly and freely! They just acknowledged that we are not that strong and not that balanced after all…that one might need that little innocent touch. I had my favourite hug ever there...i never knew that i would ever have such a thing! Beautiful, generous Italy…where the renaissance of humanism begins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home